Hey all! Today’s post is a little different than my normal posts; I am going to talk about the law of attraction.
DEFINITION: The law of attraction is a belief that every thought that you have creates an energy flow whether it be positive or negative can bring positive or negative experiences into their life. For example: if you consume your thoughts to be negative then the outcome will attract negative things.
PERSONAL STORY: Now, I am a science-y type person. I believe more about the evidence that shows something to be true rather than spiritual belief. BUT being as my mother is Buddhist and for the most part I grew up being Buddhist, I know that deep down I do believe in spirituality, even if it’s a tiny bit.
I have recently discovered that if I am being negative I will not get anything positive in return. As some of my readers may know, I am currently looking for a job that pertains to my college degree which I received back in December. I have applied to multiple jobs; including jobs that I am overly qualified for because I have thought to myself that it’s a good way to get my foot into the door of a specific place. Well, after weeks have passed and I haven’t heard one call back or had interviews but no job offer. I think to myself that no one wants to hire me or I am not good enough – this list goes on. Which then leads to a negative mind and then when applying to more jobs I think to myself “I won’t get”. Well that right there is a law of attraction, by thinking I won’t get this job it puts the negative energy out and in turn brings the negative energy back to you.
I was told by my boyfriend “You will hear many no’s but it’s only ONE yes that matters.” This was what I needed to hear – maybe not at that moment in time, but remembering back to us talking about it. It was exactly what I needed. Even though all of these jobs have found a “better fitting candidate” all it takes is the one place that wants me on their team. That’s what I have to look forward to. I need to stop digging myself into this hole of negativity and to be more optimistic.
I used to be a very optimistic person – when friends came to me about something going on in their life I was always able to think positive and reassure them to thinking that something positive was going to happen. I need to be my own best friend. When I am upset about something I need to take a step back and tell myself… what would I tell my friends if this was happening to them. We are our worst critic and I know that I have said this before for another post but it’s true.
(Not my image: got it off Tumblr)
TIPS TO BEING MORE POSITIVE:
- Appreciate things in your life (whether small or big): An example I have in my life is that I currently have a job, yes I am trying to look for a job that pertains to my degree but I am very thankful to be able to work as I look for this said job. That’s something that I neglect when searching for a new job, the fact that I should be blessed that I am currently working. There are some people who have just graduated from college don’t have jobs and are struggling to make ends meet.
- Stop comparing yourself to others: This is something that I struggle with first hand! You have to just focus on yourself; focus on the good things in your life and not compare them to others. Those people that you are comparing yourself to are most likely going through some issues of their own you just don’t know about it. Just be happy with yourself and where you are at in life – there’s always room to grow.
- Be optimistic: When you’re mad or angry it’s okay to let it out, I am not telling you that you can’t get angry at something! What I am saying is to not hold onto that anger or pain; let it go. Turn that bad situation into a good situation and think about what can you do to make it better.
- Journal: Write things down whether good or bad, goals, and things that you’re thankful for! I know that when I am upset about something and I don’t want to bother friends or Adam about my issues I will write them in a journal. It helps to let all the negative energy out, instead of keeping it all inside of you and letting it corrupt your positive energy.
- Let go of the negative people: You need to surround yourself with people who will lift you up! It’s very cliche but in all seriousness, those people who are being negative energy in your life aren’t helping you to be a positive person. Law of attraction – the negative energy they send your way will in turn attract negative things to your life. Surround yourself around people who make you happy. I know it’s really hard, I have done it before. Even friends I have had since elementary school, were just sending negative energy my way whether they knew what they were doing or not. However, you have to make yourself happy before putting others ahead of yourself. Something that has taken me a while to learn and to commit to it. PUT YOUR HAPPINESS FIRST.